PUBG vs going for a walk...

One of the best parts of PUBG (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds) is walking around the world map. It's really quite beautiful at times. Though, it makes me wonder if perhaps I could / should just take a walk IRL. 

I'm usually reluctant to because I try to stay on task and get work done. I consider an hour or so of unproductive walking is not worth it, but paradoxically I'm willing to sit down and play a little PUBG (or any game for that matter) to unwind which often turns into 1 or 2 hours.

While going for a walk outside is not as exciting as playing video games or experiencing video game worlds, it can be quite beautiful and the graphics resolution is unbeatable.

Going for a walk might clear my mind and is probably a good time to catch up on an audiobook, get a little exercise or hit the grocery store.

I also like to take screenshots of the beautiful landscape in games. I can also do that IRL, with a camera or my phone.

So, the next time I feel the urge to play a little PUBG or any game for that matter, I'll try to go out for a walk and see if I feel refreshed enough to get back to work... Don't think I'm going to quit gaming, but I want to be in control of how I use my time and not succumb to unconscious urges.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

guy

magenta girl

Culture today (work in progress)