finding my identity as a gifted adult 2

Being, trying to be an artist felt constraining. A big depressing actually. I believe now, because it didn't really encompass who I was. It didn't explain why I think and feel as I do. But gifted really does.

An analogy might be being gay, but growing up not really knowing what that meant and not knowing there were other people out there like you. And how liberating that must have felt to discover the gay community.

That's how I feel now. Like, coming out as gifted and really starting to understand what that means. 

It's liberating. Like, a weight has lifted off myself.

I feel so grateful to all the researchers who have worked on understanding giftedness and accepting us for who we are.

I feel like I can finally be myself and not have to fit myself into a box not built for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

guy

magenta girl

Culture today (work in progress)